September 9, 2016
I’ve yet to meet too many patients who are 100 percent satisfied with their smile. As we age, we can suffer from discolored teeth, crooked teeth, damaged teeth, or even poor gums. Our Fairfax dental office offers a number of solutions to help you achieve a brighter, healthier smile. Today I want to cover 5 easy ways you can repair your smile. These treatments can last for years and are extremely affordable.
1. Brighten teeth with in-office whitening treatments. We can whiten your teeth in the office in less than an hour. This whitening treatment is non-invasive and can improve the brightness of your smile by several shades. We use a system known as Zoom WhiteSpeed. We first clean your teeth and then exam your mouth to make sure you are free of dental decay or gum disease. The procedure itself can be completed in a few steps. We place Vitamin E on the lips and then apply the bleaching agent to the teeth. Once the whitening gel is in place, we use a LED light to activate it. You’ll sit back in the dental chair while the gel and light do all the work. You’ll begin seeing results almost immediately!
2. Straighten teeth with clear orthodontics. Most adults tend to believe that they are stuck with the teeth they had in their late teens. But modern dentistry can change your smile with subtle, comfortable treatments. Age is becoming less of a factor. One popular treatment many of my adults patients are turning to is Invisalign. With Invisalign, patients can straighten their teeth with plastic aligners that are virtually invisible. You’ll wear the aligners about 22 hours a day, and the treatment takes between 12 to 18 months to complete. Invisalign can resolve your mildly crooked teeth, gapped teeth, or slight bite issues.
3. Use bonds to cover flaws in your smile. Not all cosmetic dental issues can be resolve in one visit, but you can fix a number of dental flaws with dental bonds, such as chips, cracks, decay, and heavy staining. Our bonds are similar to the material we use for tooth-colored fillings. The bonds are placed on the tooth and do not require preparation of the tooth, which means no numbing injections. We match each of our bonds to the natural color of your teeth. Our dental bonds can endure huge amounts of pressure and last for years.
4. Replacing missing teeth with dental implants. Often patients assume that placing dental implants is a painful, awful process. Not true! When done correctly, placing a dental implant is no more uncomfortable than needing a filling. Dental implants are also one of the most versatile tools in dentistry. We can restore the dental implants with crowns, bridges, or even dentures. The biggest benefit of dental implants is the chew ability. These implants merge with the jawbone, giving you about 90 percent of the biting force you had with your natural teeth.
5. Focus on the gums. Unhealthy gums, gummy smiles, or receding gums can kill a beautiful smile. Most of us focus on the teeth when we consider a healthy smile, but the gums also play an important role. Our office works with patients who have diseased gums, receding gums, or gummy smiles. We use a special laser to contour teeth and gums. These procedures are minimally invasive and can be completed in one quick office visit.
These are just five quick ways to restore your smile. You might notice that these treatments can apply to almost anyone; just like our office. Whatever your age or dental needs, you can trust our office to oversee your dental care. Just call us at 703-552-2530 to schedule an appointment.